Classification maps feature vectors to categories, whereas regression maps feature vectors to real numbers.
Different Types of Learning
- Supervised learning: Labelled training and test examples
- Transfer learning: Using knowledge from one task to solve another task
- Reinforcement learning: Learning to navigate a robot
- Active learning: Deciding which examples are needed to learn
- Unsupervised learning: Data with no annotation
- Semi-supervised learning: Training and test examples with limited annotation